Tuesday 9 March 2010

Puppy TV

Rumor is proving an exceptional mother, once again. Calm, attentive, and at peace.

Her pre-whelp need for my constant presence evaporated like raindrops on hot pavement once the puppies arrived, and she seems now only to appreciate me for my ability to bring meals, rather than my actual attention. Which is perhaps as it should be; her babies have her full devotion.

The whelping itself seemed to last forever; Rumor dragged it out over the entire day. I'd like to thank Mary C and Sandra M for providing the calm and sense I needed to support Rumor throughout the day, and Joan G for sitting with me and pitching in during the brief periods of activity.


A little puppy video for your viewing pleasure...
No remote required.


30 seconds of nursing contentment while Ru napped, perhaps dreaming of low-flying birds... The babies have all gained weight and continue to exhibit individual characteristics.

3 comments:

  1. well, three years certainly FEELS like an eternity. (see previous "notes to self" on patience ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I think the one on the left is going to be a self cream or pale gold sable. One marked like Py and one like Ru and the one on the right could be dark brindle or self black/silver.

    ReplyDelete