Monday 15 March 2010

Little Milestones - 1 week old

The Ahdin litter is a week old today!

I will confess to having spent absurd amounts of time watching the puppies, holding and cuddling and generally acting like a smitten fool. Oh well.

Can't believe I go back to work tomorrow! I will miss them while I'm gone, even if it is only for a few hours. They grow and change by the minute, and their antics are endlessly absorbing. Such as their "eat? nap? or puppy pile? nah, let's eat" negotiations. The brute in the morning, climbing over a sibling and stealing a nipple, may well be the one on the bottom of the heap in the afternoon. No longer hamster-like, now they are fat sausages. With tails.


By this age, each should have doubled from birth weight. They have, in spades. We started the "super puppy" exercises, which I call
puppy torture time. Rumor thinks I'm insane, and watches me with bewilderment from the otherside of the sliding glass door. And of course, the puppies must think I'm evil as they got their nails trimmed and that was not their idea of a good time, nosiree.

Daily exposure to a
novel organic smell is underway, too. They have met two new people this week (thanks to Elaine and Miela for coming by!), were held by Anthony near his sweaty armpit after a day of snowboarding, and took turns on my chest while I ate popcorn.

Their eyes will open in the next few days, which will expand their horizons considerably. I'm looking forward to every minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment