Saturday 6 December 2008

Latest Passtime

Note: this is not an addiction.

Last Christmas our son got a new iPod, and I finagled around until I inherited his old one, a Nano. Driving carpool the last few years has opened my ears to new artists and genres, which I think makes me one of the cool, hip parents. (Note that I have been informed by said carpool participants that use of the words "cool" and "hip" mean I'm "not" - but I think they're messing with me.) Anyway... my dad and I have traded audiobooks thanks to Pando we each get from our respective libraries. Pando is pretty amazing, having figured out a way to e-mail HUGE files, like audiobooks, movies, monster collections of photos, etc. Audiobooks are great for keeping me occupied on my long drives to dog trials in CO, AZ, and southern parts of NM. Not to mention during my 120 mile roundtrip carpool stint.

So imagine my delight when I found that iTunes has some NPR podcasts available, free! Like any good Libertarian, I listen to my local NPR stations for the news, local to global. But there are lots of great shows, particularly on the weekends, that I never get to listen to. If I'm not at a trial, I'm doing chores around our ranchero. Click & Clack, Whaddayaknow, Wait Wait Don't Tell Me... guess what - all of these are FREE podcasts to download!! Then I found Capitol Steps and George Carlin available, and I suspect that people in cars next to me wonder what the hell I'm laughing at, but let me tell ya these are a hoot. Falling over funny.

Not that I'm addicted to podcasts or need a bigger iPod anything... Want, yes. Need, no.

No comments:

Post a Comment