Sunday 19 July 2009

Wild Side

Out the car window during morning roadwork...

Today we went 9 miles, my beasts are rock-hard and rarin' for more.

Crows and ravens are everywhere, and they are HUGE.

FINALLY I spotted a rabbit before the dogs did; this Eastern Cottontail (note distinctive eye ring) hit the deck and froze.

I'm crazy about this guy - and he's crazy about eating cholla. Ouch!


These two are new on our route; if they don't gain weight over the next week I'll be making a phone call:



And finally, an experiment with the camera and this blog: a video. Not very exciting stuff I suspect, but I'm trying to figure out how this works. And this bull is just magnificent.



2 comments:

  1. Hey that bull IS magnificent! What is that a Holstein bull? You know all I ever see are the big Holstein cows on dairy farms, I never see the bulls but he sure is handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no idea what breed he is, but I call out "hello, gorgeous!" every morning.

    ReplyDelete