Friday 3 July 2009

Google is a mother's best friend

Anthony's roommate and dorm assignment arrived via e-mail last night. So naturally, I checked the new roommate out.

Gotta say, while I treasure my privacy, it satisfies my maternal paranoia to be able to read up on Anthony's roommate in advance. As an only child, the only roomate he's ever had is Jake, his 8 year old border collie. This will be a big change, in a lot of ways.

Jesse's Facebook and MySpace pages are public, so I know a lot more about him than he may realize. I learned that he is from a small town in northern Illinois, got a 35 on his ACT, GPA of 4.71, and was his class valedictorian. Um, wow. And he has eclectic taste in music. Several pictures from his high school paper show a lanky kid with messy hair and an easy smile. Sounds good so far.

I have to wonder if Jesse's parents have googled my kid...

No comments:

Post a Comment