Tuesday 21 October 2008

Old Age and Gravity

Denial only works for so long.

This weekend the two dreaded horrors I've assumed would never happen to me - well, happened.

One, plucking eyebrows (my sole regular concession to vanity) uncovered a gray eyebrow hair. I have little enough eyebrows to begin with, and so began the newest dilemma: to pluck or not to pluck, that is the question... I'm no stranger to gray hairs - after all, I do have a teen-aged son with a driver's license - but on my FACE??? Oy.

Two, Saturday afternoon I stepped in a hole and something in my knee went. A knee brace and massive quantities of acetaminophen got me through the night and Sunday, but by Monday the compensating limp had started the other knee to aching. Tomorrow I go to the doctor... my dad has two bionic knees, guess that may be in my future too

Repeat to self: Getting old beats the alternative!!

1 comment:

  1. OK for years I let my hair stay gray but recently I conceded and started covering the gray again. I absolutely understand where you are coming from with old age and gravity. When I was younger I didn't understand what on earth people spent so much time with moisturizers for their face. I GET IT NOW.

    ReplyDelete