Tuesday 14 October 2008

Let it snow?

Um, what happened to fall?

I mean, we've got the firewood stacked and I've ordered propane, but seriously... A few weeks ago we were in shorts until bedtime, the
n the predictable change to putting sandals away and keeping a sweatshirt in the car. But SNOW???

Terrifyingly, I'm guessing that means the holidays are closer than I want to contemplate. Denial is my friend...


Sure wish I'd closed the barn doors; oh well.

The good news is, the rattlesnakes have probably al
l gone to ground for the winter. Probably. I hope - as the fall coursing season (well, winter) is here and the dogs are out every weekend. Our elevation is inhospitable for rattlers, but most fields are better habitat.

In the time I've been typing, it's started snowing HARDER and is now starting to accumulate. Love my SUBARU!!! The puppy walked through the photo:

And why she thinks this means she gets to spend the day lounging on the sofa is beyond me... outside, silly girl, you're from Siberia!!

I've started the wood stove and found my boots; let it snow all it wants.

Update: The propane tank is full; there's $700 worth of cooking fuel for the next year. It also runs the wimpy furnace that just barely takes off the chill in the early winter mornings. It's warmed up to 37 degrees, the snow is transforming to mud. Lovely.


And last but not least, this is from early September:
Tarantulas
regularly cross the roads around here in fall... there might be a joke in there somewhere, but I don't know the punchline. Gorgeous, fascinating creatures. (Thanks to Whitney for sending me the pictures from her visit.)

No comments:

Post a Comment